Eli is already 8 months old - now I am kind of getting SAD - this is my last baby and I can't believe it's truly almost over, no more babies...But on a happy note, this has, by far been one of the most enjoyable, fun, productive and exciting months since Eli has been born. It feels likes he has finally advanced past that stage of "helpless infant" into "playful baby" and I think Eli is enjoying life a little bit more each and every day...
So excited to put his lips on that cup...
taking a big drink...
Ahhhh - That was GOOD! as most of it runs down his shirt...
He still snacks on Baby Mum Mums but still has no interest in the puffs yet. Still no teeth, but tons of drooling and fussing, so I am really hoping some will be showing up soon. His sleeping has been wonderful. Goes to bed around 8pm and up around 7am - as long as his sleeping conditions are set up just right, he goes right to sleep. Takes a really good morning nap and then will cat nap the rest of the day. He does the cutest wiggle move when I get him all snuggled in for bed - one day I should record it - but it makes me laugh every time. He really is just so precious...
PERSONALITY/SKILLS: Still a very happy baby, but has a strong opinion of when and how he wants things done. Loves to have all the attention on him, and will scream or fuss until that happens. He has gotten much better at playing by himself. I think because he sits so well now, he doesn't mind being left alone and loves being able to enjoy the world around him. He will mimic you if you wave and always will wave to himself in the mirror after bath time. Starting to babble more now, instead of just screaming which is a welcome. Mostly it's a string of "ba, ba," "da,da", "ma,ma" and then some raspberries thrown in here and there. Still gives Mommy tons of open mouth kisses and is starting to bury his head in your neck when he is getting tired - a move I love and cherish.
He is definitely wanting to crawl, but wanting and doing are very different. He gets up on his knees and hands, rocks a couple times, sits back down, gets up again, begins to move and then...falls on his tummy. He will lay on his tummy and move like crazy - looks like he is doing the breaststroke, if he were in water he would be going somewhere - but after a couple minutes he gets frustrated, so we start the process all over again. I really hope he learns to crawl soon - I think he will enjoy life that much more and plus, then, he can keep up with his sister. Still adores Ashtyn and is always pulling at her hair trying to get her attention - which then just annoys her - but occasionally she will turn his way and he will just light up. Overall he's happy and healthy, but still a pain in the butt sometimes!
Oh, Mr.Eli how you light up our life. Everyday is a new adventure with you and we are so excited to see what comes next. We love you so much Bubba! Happy 8 months...
No comments:
Post a Comment