Ever since Ashtyn was old enough to hold a crayon, she has LOVED art. She is constantly asking to color, or play stickers, or paint, or use scissors, or create any craft she can convince Matt or I to do. The girl's favorite store is Hobby Lobby, so it's only natural that I finally found an art class for her to join for a couple hours on Friday at the Erie Rec Center. I was a little hesitant about starting the art class. For one, it's not cheap and the thought of her not wanting to go or throwing a fit when I left was a definite concern. But I was totally wrong! I of course had been talking it up as much as I could, so the day of she would be prepared. Well, Friday finally arrived, and the first thing out of her mouth that morning was, "this day I go to school?" She thinks art class is school! I think the morning dragged on for her until it was time to go, because she kept asking, "Time go yet. I so bored." When we finally got there she said, "Where's my locker?" I just looked at her and smiled and said "Aunty Emily has a locker, because she in middle school. They don't have lockers for art class." Oh this child cracks me up and amazes me still what comes out of her mouth!
Well she LOVED her time at art class. She couldn't wait to show me what she did and was jumping up and down so excited at the fact she got to use paint, glue and glitter! The teacher said she is a very good artist and follows direction very well - I will take credit for this, I think she is following in my footsteps as an exceptional student! On this day she made a moose, a finger puppet and a birthday card. I am so happy to have found something a bit more challenging for her to do. I love having her at home, but I think she needs this interaction. Preschool in the fall may be a definite possibility, but for now we will enjoy our art class.
She is growing up so fast...I will admit when I dropped her off and left, I peaked through the window and she was just fine. Interacting with others and happy - which made me tear up and cry! I don't know why, but seeing her old enough to enjoy something like this just made me realize how fast my baby girl is growing up and soon will be off to college not needing me anymore - a bit dramatic, I know, but still. I am thinking her first day of kindergarten is going to kill me!
I so know that feeling... it just rips at your heart. and no... it's not dramatic at all :)
ReplyDelete