Monday, October 24, 2011

Carving Time

On Sunday before we had dinner at Nana and Papa's house we carved the pumpkins we picked a couple weeks ago - a tradition I tend to LOVE!  The weather was absolutely perfect - I wish it was this nice every year.  We actually got to carve the pumpkins outside and didn't freeze our hands off like we usually do.
Ashtyn is not too fond of carving pumpkins - the fact that my dad uses power tools to carve scared the crap out of Ashtyn her first year and ever since she has had no interest in the activity.  But this year we got to show Eli what carving pumpkins was all about and he enjoyed it!


 Being dirty and getting his hands into everything is what Eli lives for, so this was right up his alley.  He dove right in and starting scraping the insides out and then would play with it...


 Here is my precious daughter ignoring the activity at hand...
 while Eli kept on scraping and scooping...


 Uncle Kevin doing what he does best - drawing on the pumpkins!

 The kids only lasted so long and then us adults are always left to finish up.  Maybe as they get older they will get more into it...

 Jenn with a Power Tool - WATCH OUT!
 I chose to do some "designer" style pumpkins this year, and so the carving was a little intense.  I almost sawed my hand right off, so Kevin had to finish up for me...
And here is the finish product - Tah Dah!
(If you notice Kevin spelled Tebow wrong - some fan he is!)
Another year of carving pumpkins and I think they turned out pretty cute.
Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment