Thursday, October 6, 2011

Zoo Day

Last Friday we took a trip with Nana to the Zoo. 
 It was a wonderful day - no crowds, perfect weather and my kids were the best behaved and so cute...
Eli spent the first part walking around like a big boy - It's completely amazing how much he has grown up this summer - we were just at the Zoo in early June and he could have cared less what was happening around him, but not on this day.  He would get so EXCITED when he saw any animal and he would point, scream at it, talk to it and try to jump the ledge to go see it!  While he was walking the "streets" of the zoo he would babble, waving his hands around and every once in awhile he would peak over the ropes and say "Whoa!" acting like he just saw the best animal ever...and then continue on his way babbling and waving his hands!  Oh, how he made me and my mom laugh! 
He could have been a tour guide that day - except no one would have understood what he was saying.  He also imitated all the animals which was just SO adorable and humerous - especially the Hippo which got everyone around us even laughing...
 Eli peaking over the ropes and saying 'WHOA!" - wonder what animal he is looking at?
 Ashtyn of course loved her time as the Zoo as always - and ran from one exhibit to the next.  We went to the Penguins first this time, her favorite, since we seem to always miss them and spent plenty of time watching them swim, eat and play...

 The animals at the Zoo were is rare form today - I have never seen such animated animals before...
First, the Bears...
We got there just in time to see them get an "Ice Cream" treat (the orange/pink thing) which Brother Bear hogged to himself and would not share with his sister - sounds like real life!  Sister Bear even tried to sneak in for a piece and got attacked by her brother - it was kind of scary to see how aggressive he got with her.  This led Sister Bear to then pout to the Zoo Keeper and the crowd...
 Sister Bear broke Ashtyn's heart, and Ashtyn started yelling at Brother Bear to share with her...I will say it must have opened up her heart because she shared everything with Eli the rest the day - not something that is typical.  She even spoon fed Eli some of her dip-n-dots...
Then the Giraffes.  Oh the Giraffes were quite feisty on this day - especially Daddy!
He was humping Mama right there, in plain day light in front of the crowd and even his own child.
I am not going to lie it was hysterical!  I have never seen such a BIG crowd at the Giraffes before...
 It was even funnier when Mama Giraffe would whip Daddy with her tail and run away like saying
"Get off.  I am not in the mood!"
and what would Daddy do?  He would run after her and try jumping on her again!
Now, that is real life!  I know it's my story anyways...
I guess all males are the same be it "man" or "animal" they never know when to stop...
 Those pictures still crack me up!
 We ended our day with Dip-n-Dots and Cotton Candy at the New Water Park they have - I love this place!  I wish I could build one in my back yard.  Basically they just made a sandbox and a concrete river that runs through it with little waterfalls - Eli was in heaven!
He played at the waterfalls, climbed the little rocks and crawled through the river for an hour, and I was able to just sit, relax and watch, because there was no way he could hurt himself!
Ashtyn of course loved it too - but I didn't know this attraction was here, so I had no change of clothes for her, so she was soaking wet on the ride home...


This day at the Zoo by far has been one of my favorites.  I don't know if it was because there was no crowds, or the cooler air, or the crazy animals, but it was a wonderful day at the Zoo.
Ashtyn and Eli obviously enjoyed themselves as well...
Thank you Nana for the fun day - We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment