A couple weeks ago we trucked out to Brighton with Stacey, Adam and Alex to a farm where you can pick your own fruit and vegetables. Our intention was to pick raspberries and strawberries, but with the overly HOT summer we have been having the raspberries and strawberries were already gone! So we were left to pick currants, flowers and vegetables!
We took a little tractor ride out to the currants to do some pickin'...
(I think this was the kids favorite part!)
I totally understand now, why raspberries and blueberries cost so much in the grocery stores - picking little berries off a bush without smashing them is quite an art...and very exhausting to concentrate that much!
Eli even got into it and would grab off the ones he could see...
but then he would smash it in his hand and then say "Mama, see"
Ashtyn and Adam mainly just ran around chasing each other - not much pickin' from them two...
Alex LOVED the currants! Stacey couldn't pick them fast enough because as soon as she would put a hand full in the carton Alex would shove them in his mouth!
It was of course REALLY hot that morning - even at 9am - and finally Eli just sat down - I think he had, had enough!
Ashtyn enjoyed picking her own flowers...
To cool down we got some juice and homemade cookies for a snack and got to know the farm birds running around the farm...
I ended up buying some cucumbers and zucchinis for dinner that night and they were delicious - I think it would be so fun to have a garden to grow fresh veggies in - not sure how successful I would be at it, but I may try it next summer. Nothing beats fresh veggies for dinner!
After the farm, we were still HOT and sweaty, so we headed to the pool for some lunch and to COOL off! By 2 o'clock we were all dead tired, but it was a great summer day!
No comments:
Post a Comment