Monday, November 5, 2012

1st Buff Game

On Saturday we took the kids to their first CU Football game against Stanford.  The game of course was horrible with CU never even scoring a single point, but Hey! when you get FREE tickets it provides the perfect opportunity to take the kids.  And then when you have to leave before half time because the kids and the husband are bored, you don't feel bad doing so!
We started the morning out tailgating which truly is the best part of going to a football game.  Honestly, I would have rather spent the whole game in the parking lot tailgating...



 But the whole reason of taking the kids was so Ashtyn and Eli could finally see Ralphie run around the field...

 Here's Eli at full attention watching the band and Ralphie run onto the field...
We had great seats for having FREE tickets, so the kids could see everything really well!


 I was impressed with how well the kids did - I didn't think we would make it through the first quarter, but as long as we kept hot dogs, cookies, pop, and m&m's coming their way they behaved beautifully and actually watched the game a little bit - if you would even call it a game!
The band was still good though - oh and the cheerleaders too, which Eli kept calling "Beautiful" followed by "I want one of those" - no joke!
We left in the middle of the second quarter and went home for naps...

It was actually a really great family day - even if the game was less then desirable!  I will say Folsom Field has lost its magic.  I remember walking into that place when I was a little girl and getting so excited just off the energy.  Well the energy seems to have left the building along with the talent of the football team!  I do hope in the near future CU turns their program around, but until then we will just enjoy the tailgating and any FREE tickets that come our way!


No comments:

Post a Comment