I LOVE NASHVILLE - love it!
We've been telling the Ohlhesier's for some time now how much we LOVED Nashville and how much FUN it is, so we all decided to take a quick, last minute, weekend trip to Nashville the weekend after Thanksgiving, before our life moved into full CHAOS!
It couldn't have been a better weekend away - 24 hours in my favorite place EVER!
We headed out early Friday morning, got into Nashville to have lunch at our favorite BBQ place and wasted no time throwing down beers and enjoying the LIVE country music!
It helped tremendously being there before, because we knew exactly what bars to go to and what to do...so absolutely no FUN was wasted!
We spent Friday night hanging out at The Stage, which is our most favorite Honky Tonk on Main Street! Stacey and I got our dance moves on and met an old man named Bob! He was "hilar" (as Jason would say) and kept buying us beers - it was awesome. After getting our groove on there we headed over to a new bar called Honky Tonk Central and saw an amazing band, The David Ray Band - We are all in his Fan club now! Hopefully he will make it big someday, and I can say I touched his shoulder! I did, I touched David Ray's shoulder...
Blurry picture of The Stage - but good, good times were had there...again!
By the end of the night Jason and Matt had made some new friends of their own...
That's as good as they can do!
We danced until the bars closed down on Friday night - Even Matt and Jason danced...
We slept in on Saturday and while Jason and Matt hung out, Stacey and I headed over to the Grand Ol' Opry hotel - Last time I was in Nashville it was closed because of the flood, so I thought while I was there again I might as well make a point to see it. It was an amazing resort and I would love the next time we visit to see a concert there. It was a gorgeous day too, so walking around the grounds was a great way for getting over our hangovers!
After a great lunch we headed back to get the boys for another night on the town. We really wanted to hangout at the Wild Horse Saloon, because last time it looked like fun, but we soon found out that it is not that great and all the old timers who LOVE to line dance spend their Saturday nights there! I never realized how serious people are about their line dancing, and how un-fun it really is!
We did however enjoy some Fried Pickles - yummy!
We hit up a couple Honky Tonks and turned in much earlier then the night before so we could catch our early flight home the next morning!
It was a very quick trip, but SO much FUN!
It was the perfect weekend to have before starting the whole moving process...
I can't wait for our next trip to Nashville - I would leave tomorrow if I could, hell I would live there!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment