Happy, Happy Halloween!
We had a great Halloween this year - with having the day off and warm, beautiful weather it couldn't have been better! Ashtyn was a mermaid...
...and Eli was of course a Trash Truck Driver...
I will take all the CREDIT for my children's costumes, as they are hand made by me and took two weekends of my time for the costume making process! Not sure anyone quite appreciated all the hard work I put in - but my kids looked adorable and I received several compliments as we trick-or-treated down Pearl Street!
Eli, by far, stole the show! He got so many smiles, compliments and I couldn't believe how many little boys wanted to jump into his trash truck! Eli was very protective of his trash truck and got very angry when anyone would try to touch it. His favorite part though was getting candy and throwing into his "trash truck" - He definitely enjoyed being a Trash Man for the day!
Ashtyn's costume turned out great and again we got such great compliments! When someone asked Ashtyn where she got her costume, she replied
"From my mommy's IPAD!"
Which is actually very true - or let's say inspired by my IPAD where I am constantly on Pinterest! I pinned this costume months ago when I just started Pinterest and always kept in the back of my mind as something I would order for Ashtyn for Halloween. Well when time came to place the order I was taken back - WAY BACK, by how much it cost - $80.00!
Really - for some tulle? So I set out to replicate...
I will give the lady credit - it is worth the $80 because of the time involved, but I am just too cheap when it comes to costumes and dropping that amount of coin - PLUS I think I successfully replicated the idea for about $15 (we won't say how many hours though)...Damn proud of myself!
He was just SO cute!
Here is proof that he actually pushed his trash truck...While I was making it Matt kept giving me crap about how Eli was never going to push it around...well he did, for about half the day and then I hooked up a leash to it and pulled it around like a dog!
I was not going to let my hard work and creative idea go wasted!
As long as I let him have a sucker it would keep his mind off the idea that he was walking...
We did have a mishap in the elevator on our way through the parking garage and in all the commotion lost the front wheel...traumatic I know! I was able to tape the sides back on though - terrible experience in the elevator!
He did finish the day off riding in it...
We had TONS of fun at Pearl Street - perfect way to do Halloween with little ones - as long as you beat the school crowd and then it gets CRAZY down there!
After Pearl Street he headed home for dinner and then went out around the neighborhood with The Meyers!
Eli had had about enough by this point and just wanted to sit in the stroller - he didn't even get up for candy! But I still brought the trash truck along...
It was an exhausting day for sure but loads of candy and fun was had!
Next year though I am BUYING their costumes - mark my word!
No comments:
Post a Comment