Friday, November 30, 2012

Drums

 Eli has always been a very musical baby, but he is now fully obsessed with the CU Marching Band, or any band for that matter!  It all started this fall when we would go to the CU Stampede Pep Rallies at Pearl Street and Eli would get so excited to see the drums...
We soon started playing the Stampede on You Tube to keep him entertained and the obsession grew stronger!  He now will march around the house imitating any of the instruments - whether it be drums, trumpet or symbols he's mastered the moves and the cheers!
Its probably the cutest thing EVER to witness and my family, being the CU fans they are, are all so, so proud of him!  Even Butch finds great joy in Eli's desire to be in the marching band.
 My favorite is watching him do the symbols - he of course has to wear his hat backwards just like the drummers do in the CU marching band and then he will continue to twirl and bang the symbols along with cheering and jumping around while marching - just like the CU drummers do!
It's pretty amazing how good he is for only being two!
I really need to record it sometime...
I do think my son will do something musical with his life... 
I did name him Eli Matthew for a reason - I thought it sounded like a great Country Star name!
I guess we will just wait and see, but for now he will continue to master his drumming skills and hopefully soon we can start guitar lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment