Monday, November 12, 2012

Grandpa and Me...

The WHOLE month of November was spent packing boxes and planning the big move into our new home.  But throughout all the chaos that surrounded us I was able to capture this precious, almost forgotten, moment of Eli and his Grandpa Butch... 
I like to walk with Grandpa...
He takes his time you see
His steps are little just like mine; he stops and waits for me
He lets me ask him questions
He lets me hold his hand.
He makes me feel 10 feet tall and I think that is grand.
He says there's no one like me
and gold is what I'm worth
When I get to walk with Grandpa
I'm the luckiest kid on earth!
 When I found that poem on Pinterest I immediately thought of Eli and his relationship with his Grandpa Butch.  He is all those words in Eli's eyes...
Butch and Eli definitely share a special bond with each other - whether its banging on drums, singing in his "hut", going on long walks, or just sitting on the porch drinking a pop, looking at squirrels, Eli LOVES spending time with his Grandpa Butch.

I think Eli will miss him the MOST when we move out!


No comments:

Post a Comment