Ashtyn attended her first day of school at Birch Elementary as a Kindergartener...CRAZY!
I can't believe her first day of school has come and gone, and we are now in full swing of the school year. I thought I would have been more emotional dropping her off that first day of school and watching her walk into her classroom, but I was more excited and proud of her then anything. Ashtyn is so ready for this time in her life and is already enjoying every single minute of it!
She attends Monday, Wednesday all day and half day Friday sessions.
I love the fact that they attend all day instead of half days like most kindergarten schedules. I think its good for them to ease into a full school schedule, but still get to experience a full day and go to lunch, PE, recess, art and music class! I was most nervous about her going to lunch in a big cafeteria with all the other kids and then having to find her way to the playground - but I heard she did fine and wasn't scared at all!
She is so grown up...
Ashtyn has the most amazing teacher EVER - Ms. Murphy!
We have been SO impressed by her and Matt and I constantly say "Thank the Lord for Kindergarten Teachers!" I know I don't have one ounce of the patience or desire to help little kids learn to read, write or just to sit still as elementary teachers do. I don't know how they do it, but they are sure a blessing to parents. Ms. Murphy even held a jump start a couple weeks before school - voluntarily - so she could meet all her incoming students and get them comfortable in the new classroom and school. It amazes me how she took time out of her own summer to spend it with our kids. I know it made a huge difference on Ashtyn's first day of school and we will be forever grateful to have such a wonderful Kindergarten Teacher - hopefully Eli will get her too!
The best thing about where we live is we are right around the corner from our school. We could even hear the fire drill they had during the first week.
We love that we get to walk to and from school each day and we've gotten to meet more neighbors too! We'll see if we walk when there's two feet of snow out there, but for now it's part of the routine!
We tried riding scooters one day, but after Ashtyn wiped out, ripped up her hand and knee with blood dripping everywhere which then meant I had to sprint home to get first aid supplies and then rush Ashtyn with big alligator tears streaming down her face to school so we weren't late on the second day...so we now WALK only to school!
Don't need the added stress of what could happen on the way to school...
Ashtyn looked so adorable on her first day of school!
She had to get the famous lite up Sketchers, so I found the perfect dress to compliment!
She also picked out her purple back pack with horses - very fitting!
I'm so proud of my baby girl who is now a Proud Bulldog!
Before school started she socialized with some of her classmates she met in jump start.
It was such a relief to see her already making friends...
I was happy to see she wasn't the tallest girl in her class...
The girl behind Ashtyn is Brooke, who we hear is a friend, but sometimes can be a little "out of control"...I'm happy to see she is already aware of how others act!
When the bell rings they line up on their designated line and then the teacher comes out to get them...
I can't believe she is old enough to be in school...or better yet that I am old enough to have a kid in school! The other night I went to Back to School Night followed by a PTA meeting - that made me feel old, but I am so ready for this time in our life!
Ashtyn,
I wish you nothing but success in your first year of school. I pray that you stay confident and true to yourself. I pray that you make good decisions and hopefully learn from the times that you don't. I pray that you are helpful and kind to your fellow classmates, and make great friends. I can't wait to watch how much you grow, mature and learn in the next nine months. I can't wait to hear you read your first book and write your first sentence. Always remember that daddy and I are here with you on this big journey and will always be there to help you and support you with whatever you need. We are already so proud of you and your enthusiasm to learn.
Good Luck Baby Girl - I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment