I LOVE football season!
I really, really do...especially when your team is GOOD! I wouldn't say I'm a fair weather fan, I've loved and cheered for the Broncos since I was little girl, but when the Broncos are HOT you get so much more involved in their season and so excited to see them play and cheer for the win!
My dad and brother have season tickets and invited me and the kids to a preseason game...
We grabbed some food on the way down and actually were the true definition of "tailgating"...
We ate our pizza on the tailgate of my dad's truck.
Eli being Uncle's little buddy as usual...
...and Ashtyn with her Nana!
Eli is SO lazy...so lazy he got everyone to carry him some part of the long walk to the stadium!
I wasn't real sure how Eli and Ashtyn would do at the game and given that our tickets are pretty much in heaven, moving around or horse playing was not prohibited in fear of them falling to their death. Eli did great and loved every minute of it...
He even got into it and always yelled with the crowd...
"First Down!" (along with the arm movement)
"In-Com-Plete!"
and an "Ohhhh!" when they'd miss a play
and a "GO, GO, GO" when they were running the ball!
He was really into it!
Ashtyn on the other hand was un-amused and just kept asking for dip-n-dots, cotton candy or "When is it time to go?"
Football clearly is not her cup of tea - at least not yet!
What impressed me most about Eli was how he could follow the ball - even all the way up in our high seats - he always knew where the ball was. It must be an instinct boys are born with...
He does come from a long line of football players,
so hopefully soon I will be watching him "Go, Go, Go!"
Eli's other most favorite part were the fireworks they'd shoot off every time they'd score. Ashtyn loved when Thunder, the horse, would ride across the field in celebration too!
We had such a fun evening at Sports Authority Field!
Thanks Papa for the invite - we'll now watch the rest of the season from the comfort of our couch - front row seats baby!
Go Broncos!
No comments:
Post a Comment