We had One Fine Day yesterday...it was pretty great!
We have the task of getting the jet skis ready for our Lake Powell trip - which we leave for next week - and since we had to go all the way up to Pinewood Springs to get them out of storage we decided to make a day trip out of it and continue on to beautiful Estes Park and do some bike riding!
It was a little hairy driving up there as the clouds moved in and the sunny skies quickly turned black with little sprinkles of rain here and there...so I thought for sure we would be on our way home soon after arrival.
What's new though - right?
But as soon as we drove down into Estes the skies were still sunny and it looked like we might get our bike ride in after all.
Typically, we come up to Estes for camping or just to hang out on the Riverwalk, but this time we came to take a bike ride around Lake Estes! The parking lot had this amazing park right at the trail head of the path, so we let the kids run around before heading out on our 7 mile bike ride!
Soon after we were pedaling our way around Lake Estes.
They have a really nice paved path, so it made going up and down the big hills more manageable.
It was such a perfect bike ride!
The lake and everything surrounding us was just so beautiful. We of course would stop and take breaks and let the kids explore a little bit...
I didn't even realized I had dressed us like twins...
Matt rocking his bike helmet!
Eli loved throwing rocks into the river and I am sure he could have spent all afternoon just doing that. He hauled some pretty big ones to the river - he liked the BIG, BIG splash they would make!
My kids love dogs - especially Ashtyn - which is sad, because we will never be dog owners, so whenever they see some they jump at the chance to pet and play with them.
We came across another park half way around the lake and stopped again for some more playtime...
Matt and Ashtyn got a little crazy on the swings - they are so goofy together!
Ahhh!
We then rode our bikes over to the Riverwalk to get a snack - Starbucks of course, would you think anything different! Being on the Riverwalk in Downtown Estes is my favorite place EVER! I think I could spend all day right there just people watching.
Ashtyn's feet were sweaty from bike riding so we decided to dip our toes in the river whilst still drinking our Starbucks!
Again, Eli probably would have jumped in and floated down the river if we would have let him...
After relaxing and finishing our great snack we headed back to the truck to go home.
For the trip back I decided to pull Eli's trailer since Matt finally installed the bracket on my bike too, and I wanted to get a feel for it Well, after jack knifing my trailer in front of a very busy coffee shop - We were on our way! Matt laughed at me so hard when I got my trailer stuck between a table and some bikes and instead of helping me he just laughed along with all the other coffee shop patrons who were staring out the window looking at me like "Who's the FNG with the bike trailer?"
That would be me - but in my defense I was trying to avoid all the dog crap which was all over the place! I did safely get Eli and I back to the truck with no other situations!
We had such an awesome family day up in Estes Park doing something we love to do together - bike riding! I will take a million more days just like this...
It was One Fine Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment