Saturday, September 18, 2010
Happy 3 Months!
Eli is 3 months! Once again it amazes me how fast time flies - he will be walking before we know it! The third month has been filled with advancements as he continues to discover the world and all his appendages! He has officially found his hands and loves to suck on them. He bats at his toys on his swing, bouncer and car seat - he also likes to talk to these toys. It continues to amaze me how vocal he is! He is always talking, singing or cooing at someone or something - its absolutely adorable! If you talk back to him he will seriously carry on a conversation like he has so much to tell you. He's starting to grab for things like hair, familiar faces and his paci! It's so cute to watch him try to get his paci in his mouth, which usually he is pretty successful at. He has gotten much stronger, holding his head up all by himself now and can stand on his feet when you hold him. We've started putting him in his Bumbo, which he likes for about 5 minutes and then I guess he exhausts himself, because he screams till he is taken out and then falls to sleep!
He SMILES all the time - something I love the most about him! He smiles at just about anything and has even let out a couple giggles - once when I made a monkey sound or when I kiss his neck! I can't wait to hear him full on laugh. Eating is getting better - Thank GOD! He still has no consistent schedule, but he will consistently eat about 20 ounces a day which is a huge improvement from where we were a couple weeks ago. He actually gets excited now when he sees his bottle - what a great feeling that was! Things that he still is not real fond of are: lotion, he screams when I lather him up! mirrors, when he sees himself in the mirror on his car seat he gets the "pout" lip and whines! and when people sneeze, again he gets the "pout" lip and cries! It's kind of hilarious, but still breaks my heart to see such a sad face. Eli is definitely growing - not sure if he is putting on any weight, but he has definitely gotten longer. I had to put him in 6 month jammies, because his feet were scrunched, but they swim on him because he is still so tiny around his tummy. I think he is going to be a 6' baller!
I love, LOVE this little boy and I still can't believe I have him in my arms! I am trying to enjoy every minute of him and get in as much snuggle time as I can, because I know how quickly that goes away. My favorite time of day is when all 4 of us get into Ashtyn's bed and Matt reads books before we tuck them into bed. Eli lays right beside Ashtyn and actually follows along - I sometimes just stare at my beautiful children and Thank God so much for blessing me with such an amazing family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He looks just like daddy!
ReplyDelete