Sunday, September 19, 2010

Swim Little Fishy, SWIM!

Ashtyn has been telling me for months "Me take swim lessons there mommy?" Every time we drive by the Erie Rec Center, which is every day since we live right next to it. I have been avoiding the question due to my circumstances of 1st being pregnant and then of not wanting to be in a swim suit. But then I got to thinking, how great it would be to have something just for her and I to do together, so I finally got us registered for swim lessons for the next 8 weeks! Ashtyn was so excited when I told her - she has been asking me every day since if it was swimming lesson day, and finally on Saturday morning she was just beside herself with excitement! We are still enrolled in the parent tot class since she is not three yet, but I was very impressed with how advanced she was compared to all the other kids. I guess all that swimming this past summer really paid off! Ashtyn already knew how to blow bubbles, kick her legs and paddle through the water, and of course was a pro when it came to jumping in! So really the only thing she has to learn is going under water and off to the next level she can go! We have the next 8 weeks to work on that! Her most favorite part of the class was when we got to sing the "Wheels on the Bus" - which is her favorite song ever! She even sang all the words and did all the motions! I was so proud of her in the water - she reminds me so much of me and my bother and how we lived in the water when we were younger. Couple more years and she will be on the swim team! The picture of her makes it look like she didn't enjoy herself - but she actually got very MAD when we had to leave - hence the sad face!



No comments:

Post a Comment