Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Couch to 5K
Yet again I have been inspired by the blogging world - Thanks to Laura and my hair dresser I am now on the Couch to 5K program! I am bound and determined to get my old body back, the one I had before babies - minus the sagging boobs and stretch marks (but we will take care of those later) and needed a challenge to get motivated. Well, I think I have found the ticket - I absolutely hate running, maybe because I don't know how to do it properly... Never have I enjoyed it, but I do know its the best way to get into shape, tone your body, and doesn't require me attending a gym since I don't have a whole lot of extra time these days - I can just run outside, even with my babies if needed! So this program - on paper - is PERFECT for me, as long as I stay motivated. Well, today I started the 9 week program - Not going to lie, I felt like throwing up a couple times, but I did finish the 25 minute workout. This morning, I buckled the kids into the jogger and started down the path behind our house - didn't realise what a windy day it was until I was pushing a double jogging stroller with 2 kids, up a hill, running into the wind - Nothing like a little resistance training on the 1st day! There is a reason I hate running, and that's because it is hard, not quite as comfy as the Eliptical - but for some reason I am optimistic and excited to see if I can really learn to run and actually enjoy it as a workout which hopefully will get me the results I am looking for. Although, I am on a look out for a running path that stays at one elevation a bit more - found out today just how "hilly" our neighborhood is! I have hired Shannon as my teammate, whom I hope holds me accountable and has thankfully signed up for a 5K with me, so I actually have a goal to work towards. That's right I am signed up to run in the Anthem Turkey 5K in Broomfield, Thanksgiving Day - hopefully I will be able to finish the race and then I can stuff my face with turkey afterwards- PERFECT! The marathon is in exactly 9 weeks, so I better stay on track. Wish me luck...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So excited for you. You will do great. It helps to actually have a race to work towards.
ReplyDelete