I will say though the last two weeks have been much better - Eli is eating better, still having 4 ounces every 2 hours. He refuses to drink more then 4 ounces at a time - not sure why, maybe he gets bored but 4 is his magic number. We are holding solids off for another month - maybe he will be ready by then. Although I will add he is starting to watch me eat and drink, so at least he is observing how it works...
I think he's put on some much needed weight the past couple weeks despite the eating issues - he feels thicker and his clothes are not so baggy. He still is getting up once through the night wanting to eat - with Ashtyn I broke that little habit early on, but since we is so little I will - for now- continue to feed, I just hope it doesn't go on forever. He is starting to take longer naps during the day - typically two, 2 hour long naps - morning and afternoon, but is then at full attention and awake the rest of time - which requires a TON of attention on our end! He loves to play peek-a-boo and loves when I sing Itsy Bisty Spider - as long as I include my famous hand movements. Still smiles all the time and has the most precious laugh when you tickle him or when I do jumping jacks!
Eli also loves water bottles - holding them, sucking on them and even drinking from them - although most of it lands on his bib. He is definitely at the active stage and wants to be apart of the action all the time. He loves to watch Ashtyn - especially when she is jumping from the ottoman to the couch - he kicks his legs and raises his arms with a scream when she lands! Give it a year and I will have 2 little monkeys jumping around. I have discovered Eli has a very short attention span ( I know this is true with all babies, but I think Eli is the extreme) - We are constantly having to change him from one activity to the next until he just screams and wants to be held - but not sitting held, walking around held making it very difficult to do anything else. Yesterday I decided maybe the Excersaucer would keep him busy for awhile so I could empty the dishwasher - I could leave Ashtyn in there for at least and hour and she would be content - not so much with Eli - after 15 minutes he was over it. Let's just say we are exhausted after having to entertain him.
Eli's sweet little purring sound has now developed into full on screaming - Ashtyn used to babble never scream! And it's not because he is mad - its just his way of talking! It's cute for about 2 minutes and then it becomes very loud and annoying - actually produces a headache! He will scream for a good 20 minutes, just laying there sucking on his toes. I am now discovering - everyday - the difference between boys and girls! All in all, Eli is doing good, finally putting on some weight and becoming quite a handful - but still absolutely adorable. I am pretty sure the next month will be just as challenging as Eli continues to become more active and interested in the world around him, but I couldn't ask for anything better!
No comments:
Post a Comment