Sunday, November 7, 2010

Potty TRAINED!


WHOO!  Ashtyn is FINALLY potty trained!  Matt and I are so proud of our little girl!  We can't take much credit for this huge accomplishment though - my mother-n-law is the one totally responsible and deserves all the credit.  We tried a couple months ago to start the process with Ashtyn, but she wanted nothing to do with it.  So, I decided that until she showed some interest I wasn't going to stress us all out over it - well my mother-n-law never gave up and kept on trying day after day to get Ashtyn to go potty, and sure enough a week ago when Sandy asked Ashtyn if she wanted to use the potty she said "Sure" - so Sandy sat her on the potty and ever since then Ashtyn has been out of diapers- YEAH!  Matt and I have of course been offering every incentive possible to get her to use the potty and one of those many incentives was a trip to Chuckie Cheese - her fav!  It was so cute, after the first time she went potty with Matt, she said "Ready go to Chuckie Cheese now!" - Matt said we would take her, but she had to go potty seven days in a row with no accidents.  Well, Friday night was the seventh day - we have had an occasional accident (more our fault then anything) so we kept our promise and headed to Chuckie Cheese to Celebrate - along with Sandy, Butch and Emily. 






We had so much fun celebrating, playing games and running around with Ashtyn!  I think she totally enjoyed her prize for being a "big" girl.  We were all able to win 500 tickets, so Ashtyn was able to pick out some "treasures" for herself which she thought was so cool.  Now that she is potty trained she seems so grown up!  Matt and I are so proud of her and we are so thankful for Sandy - she is an amazing grandmother to our babies and we couldn't do this whole parenting thing without her - Thank you so much Sandy - we love you so much!  So many more doors open up now that she is potty trained - Ashtyn's talking about going to school, so now maybe I can find her a little class to join!  We love you Ashtyn - Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment