Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks at Waneka

 It seems every year we go somewhere different to watch fireworks - and this year was no different!  Lafayette hosted their first 4th of July celebration at Waneka Lake this year, and since we are in walking distance we thought we would join in the festivities! 
I know I say this all time, but I love living so close to everything!  Since we were able to walk right up to the lake we totally missed the traffic jams and crowds, which makes the whole evening that much better!


 My sweet babies sporting their red, white and blue...
 Last year Eli was only 3 weeks old and amazingly slept through the entire firework show, so I wasn't sure what to expect this year.  Well he loved them and would say "Ooh" while pointing, but after 5 minutes he was bored and started crawling all over place and visiting other blankets...


 Ashtyn loved watching the fireworks while snuggling in my lap...
Perfect holiday weekend.
I am sad summer is half over, but I loved this past weekend and I wish for many more weekends like this.  Who knew kids would add so much to life?
Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment