Yesterday Ashtyn and Eli got their very first haircuts - sniff.sniff.
I have been putting off cutting Ashtyn's hair for a long time now, because I love her curls, and could not bear the thought of cutting them off, so when Eli starting growing a rat tail in the back I bit the bullet and took them to "Pigtails and Crewcuts" at the Orchard. This is unlike any haircut place I ever went to as a child. It is filled with toys, and of course toys to buy, bright colors, cool chairs to sit in, a WII to play while waiting, a train table and flat screens with a favorite movie playing - Wow! It definitely comes with a price point I was a little unwilling to pay, but overall it was a great experience for my babies - especially being their first time.
First up was Ashtyn. She chose the police chair to sit in - how fitting - and did wonderfully. Sat still and did as she was told. We only cut an inch off - I love her long hair and I am just not ready to go short, so for now it was just an inch...what was the point? - I know...
...but at least now she has fresh cut ends to grow even more beautifuly and long - plus we kept the curls I so dearly love...
They braided her hair and sprayed it with glitter...how pretty!
Next up was Eli - who loved sitting in the airplane...
...but hated everything past that point. He screamed when she started using the clippers and I had to hold his arms down - like when he is getting his shots - so he would not put them on his head! OMG - he screamed and everyone just looked at me - while I was taking pictures of course...
We did give him some animal crackers while she trimmed the top and that seemed to pacify him, until the clippers came out again...
Oh Eli - never a dull moment!
But his hair cut looks great - he is such a handsome little boy. At the end the lady gave me two little plastic bags with a piece of their hair in it. I am not going to lie - I teared up a little bit, especially looking at Ashtyn's because it was a little curl. How fast they are growing up...
I am glad I got that out of the way, but I think I may learn how to use clippers, or Eli's hair care expense may keep us living at my in-laws forever...
No comments:
Post a Comment