For the weekend we headed up to Estes Park to camp at Jellystone with Yogi Bear. We thought it would be smart to stay close to home as we are still learning how to "RV" and you can't beat Estes Park - which is gorgeous, in the mountains and only 45 minutes away from home if we did get into trouble.
It was just the four of us this weekend - we needed some family time and it was perfect. I am sometimes guilty of overbooking our family with things to do and even though we are together I rarely have that one on one time with my kids or husband - SO, this weekend was all about us - the four of us. I loved every minute of it - getting to actually hold and snuggle my babies, talk with my husband and just enjoy the fact that we had no agenda - just to have fun and relax with each other.
We pulled into Jellystone Friday evening around 7pm and set up camp. Then we toured our new home for the weekend - the camp ground included a swimming pool, putt-putt, playgrounds, hiking trails, a Craft house and best of all full hook up for the camper which included water, electric and sewage - I know that doesn't sound exciting, but it was! Getting to use the camper to it's fullest was great. The heater works, the ac works, the toilet works - everything works perfectly!
After a nice dinner we put the kids to bed, and then Matt and I enjoyed some drinks around the campfire - it was great! We actually had some alone time to just sit, relax and talk!
After a chilly, but good night sleep we woke up to a beautiful morning at Jellystone. We laid around, had breakfast and laid around some more...
When it warmed up we headed to the swimming pool...
We didn't stay too long - mountain swimming is a bit chilly...
After swimming we got ready for the Wagon Ride!
Oh the wagon ride! Every afternoon Yogi bear has a wagon ride around the campground while singing songs. I thought we would be able to just send Ashtyn, but nope they invite parents along too. Matt and I just laughed as we all piled into this trailer...
with Yogi bear...
and sang songs! It was humorous to say the least, but most importantly Ashtyn enjoyed herself...
After the wagon ride, we all had lunch and relaxed again...
Ashtyn tended to get bored quick, so I took her to the craft pavilion where we did some painting while Eli napped...
When Eli got up we headed to Downtown Estes Park to get a snack (Starbucks - I know I can't help it) and walk around. Here was the view from my afternoon snack...
Even Matt and Eli enjoyed some Starbucks, while Ashtyn crashed in the stroller...
Estes Park is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! They've done a ton of updating since I have been there last - probably ten years or so. We walked along the river - which is running very high and fast! It was a great afternoon...
Afterwards we headed back to camp to get dinner started and then have a campfire with popcorn. Eli didn't make the campfire, but Ashtyn did...
Did I say how much I love to snuggle my babies...
We had another good night sleep and woke up to this view...
We headed back to Downtown Estes Park for Sunday breakfast and then we stopped at a park to play...
I swear Eli is part monkey - he would climb the slide - by himself, and then when he would get to the top he would turn around and go head first, falling on his face at the bottom and then would laugh! He is crazy...
Before packing up and heading home we played one more quick round of Putt-Putt, which Ashtyn loves to do now...
and Eli also loves to pull the balls out of the hole. He was quite entertained...
What else can I say...it was a perfect, fun, relaxing family weekend! Just what we needed...
Can't wait to see what our next adventure will be, but this was a great start...
No comments:
Post a Comment