When it comes to celebrating birthdays you have to "Do it up right" - you have too!
We started celebrating Eli turning two with dinner at his favorite restaurant, Old Chicago's - he absolutely LOVES their pizza! He actually behaved really well given the fact we waited for an hour to be seated and then another two for dinner - a little busy that night!
I think it helped that we let him open his presents from us and Nana, Papa and Uncle while we waited to eat. Of course he got a trash truck...
and another truck...
and another truck...
...and another couple trucks along with some adorable outfits from the Gap from Nana, Papa and Uncle. He came out pretty well - he was in desperate need of some "trucks" and I think now he has plenty to play with!
"Happy to you"
Eli was so excited when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him and got to blow out a candle, he wanted to do it over and over again!
On Saturday evening we hosted a BBQ at Baseline lake to celebrate Eli's birthday with family and friends. The party was a little overwhelming for me but I think the birthday boy and all his guests enjoyed...
I didn't go all out like I did for Ashtyn's birthday party - still recovering - but I did however make an adorable happy birthday banner, which unfortunately the wind destroyed before getting a picture - oh well!
We of course had to wait out a thunderstorm before the party even started - what event of mine does not involve bad weather - really?
When the guests started arriving the rain clouds made their way out and we were left with a nice evening - a bit breezy, but still enjoyable!
Sweet baby Grant even made the party at the lake...
Payton looked so cute in her life jacket, but didn't want to ride on the boat!
It looks like Eli escaped into the camper to find his cupcakes and dug right in! He was so happy sitting in there enjoying his dessert...
All the kids loved playing in the mud...which I am sure the parents were thrilled about!
Muddy little birthday boy...
Captain Jason
Sweet Alex...
Eli again LOVED blowing out his candles...
Eli loved the big dozer Uncle Josh, Aunt Kodi, Brooklyn and Cheyenne bought for him. Perfect for the lake!
Thanks to all our family and friends for celebrating with us and "Doing it up Right" for Eli's second birthday! We love you all so much and you make life so, so great!
Happy Birthday ELI!
No comments:
Post a Comment