On Monday Ashtyn attended her 1st day of Kinder Prep at the Lafayette Rec Center. After having such an amazing experience last year in Creative Play it was only natural to continue her on to Kinder Prep before heading into Kindergarten. Her new teachers this year are Ms. Erin and Ms. Sue and Ashtyn has totally fallen in love them - Thank GOD! Ashtyn doesn't always trust people that well, and if she doesn't there is no way of teaching her anything, so we are very thankful for the warm hearts and open arms she has received from her new teachers!
This past weekend we kept asking her if she was nervous and she kept replying...
"A little bit, but I am more excited!"
Ashtyn seems to LOVE school and I love the structure it brings our life, so having school back in session is so GREAT!
Chloe looked all cute on her 1st day of Kinder Prep too!
Unfortunately, Chloe and Ashtyn are not in the same class this year, but they will still have recess, gym time and go on field trips together!
Only a few kids from her previous class are in her new class - Both Lucas and Ana.
I thought Ashtyn might be scared not having her BFF with her, but she was excited to meet new friends and I think already made a little connection with a little girl names Marilyn...
Every morning before entering the classroom they have to answer a question on this board...Today's question was,
"Have you ever been to Preschool?"
so Ashtyn quickly found the "YES" and through it into the box...
Besides for having great teachers again this year her classroom is SO fun! It has real desks, a tree house for reading and computers for them to use! The room is very cool!
I am so excited for Ashtyn to start a new year of school and I hope its as great as it was last year. It's so exciting to see her challenged and enjoy learning so much! I can only hope we have this much luck with Eli!
It's sad to see the days of swimming, picnics and sleeping in late come to an end, but the start of school comes with a welcoming breath of fresh air!
Good luck baby girl - we are so proud of you and can't wait to see what amazing things you learn and experience this coming year...and then its off to Kindergarten!
Good luck baby girl - we are so proud of you and can't wait to see what amazing things you learn and experience this coming year...and then its off to Kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment