Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ice Cream Social

To end our awesome summer and kick-off the new school year, Julie hosted an Ice Cream party at Waneka lake for Ashtyn, Chloe and all their friends!  It was of course a little bit warm that morning and the ice cream melted very quickly, but the kids managed to enjoy every drop if it and of course the mounds of sprinkles, syrup and marshmallows that were piled on top!

 Ashtyn brought raspberries to top her ice cream with - so proud of her healthy choice...
but then finished the day off with a cup full of marshmallows!

 Sweet Ali!  Eli may or may not have a little crush on this little girl...
 After drinking their ice cream they all played chase around the playground...
 Eli of course wanted to swing - he looked so big in the swing that morning...
 Please take note of my daughters outfit...
I will however take no responsibility for the ensemble - that was all her and while I am quite fond of the color pallet I still had to just turn my head and shut my mouth as she marched up the stairs and out the door saying "Ready to go mom!"


 Eli's most favorite thing to do at the lake is throw rocks into the water...
Well on this day it was even more fun to throw rocks at the ducks!  He thought it was so funny, and while I did too (I may have even laughed a bit) many bystanders were not so thrilled, so I had to remove him from the duck area!


 Chloe, Ashtyn and Cate fed the ducks instead of throwing rocks at them...
They also fed Eli a little bit too it looks like!




(Cate, Lucas, Chloe, Anna and Carter)
By the end of the morning the kids were all hot, tired and crabby...especially my little girl, who threw a fit when I wanted her to take a picture with her friends.  So her pretty, little, crabby face is not in the picture, and went straight for a nap when we got home! 
It was so great to see everyone and it was the perfect ending to our summer.  Thanks to Julie for organizing it all and having ice cream melt all over her!
We are so excited for to school to start and hopefully we will make even more new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment