Friday, August 17, 2012

Cinderella

 On Friday night we went to the Boulder Dinner Theater to see "Cinderella"!
Emma, our neighbor, had some extra tickets and invited Ashtyn and I along.  It was such a special treat, especially for Ashtyn who LOVES Cinderella and who also had never been to the theater before.
 Lookin' all cute for her special night out! 
She of course has to wear a Tiara to complete the outfit...every Princess wears a tiara!
 I hadn't been to the Boulder Dinner Theater in years, and really nothing has changed a bit.  We had a great table right up front, so Ashtyn and Scotty could see all the action...
 Dinner is of course served by the actors and actresses and ours was the Fairy Godmother!
The service was great the food was not!



I was very impressed with how these two four year olds behaved.  They sat and watched every minute of the play with no whining, sleeping or messing around! 
The play was very good - especially the parts of Cinderella's Stepsisters who were played by men!  It was very humorous and definitely put a modern spin on a very OLD story!
Ashtyn LOVED the dancing and the music the most...she now is SO, so excited to start her ballet classes...
Thanks to Emma and Scotty for taking us on a very fun date!  I am so glad Ashtyn got to experience her first Theater and thrilled she loved every minute of it.  Now I have someone to share that passion with, because we all know Matt and Eli would have never made it through a four hour dinner and theater performance!  They can dirt bike together while Ashtyn and I can go to New York City and watch theater...and maybe do a little shopping too!


No comments:

Post a Comment