Saturday, May 25, 2013

Celebrating Uncle Bob!

Rob came back to town on Memorial Weekend so Ariana surprised him with a birthday party at this awesome park in Thornton!  He was totally surprised and enjoyed a long, HOT afternoon celebrating his 34th birthday with the family and some friends!
 The park is awesome...it has this huge play ground, water fountains, basketball hoops, skate park, carousel and then a lake with paddle boats!  The fun to be had is endless...


 Eli of course made a beeline for the fountains and didn't leave them all day - except to eat a cupcake, which I still wonder how many he had...

 All the kids, except for Eli, loved riding on the Carousel!
 and playing on the playground!
Mostly everyone went on the paddle boats - I however did not!
 I prefer boats with power and paddling around a lake in heat didn't sound much fun to me...but the people that went seemed to have a good time!







 Matt took the day off to spend with his brother! 
How sweet is he... and I sure appreciated it!

 Do you see the remnants of cupcake on his face...?

The party was great and so fun to spend so much time with family!
That evening we headed to the Rio in Denver to really celebrate Uncle Bob's birthday!
We had so much fun being just the six of us kids again! 
I can't even tell you the last time we all went out together - way before we all had kids, that's for sure!  We had a great night drinking and then headed to the Cowboy bar to end the night getting our groove on - or at least trying to!
I LOVE having Rob and Ariana back in Colorado, but it's quickly coming to an end!
I wish they didn't have to move, and I am so SAD to see them go again...
Hopefully their time on the East Coast will be short lived, but if not we will just have to make tons of road trips and phone calls to keep in touch!
I love you Uncle Bob and Ariana - maybe you should rethink this whole moving to Maryland thing?
Just kidding - I am kind-of-happy for you!
But not really...


No comments:

Post a Comment