Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wacky Wednesday

I recently had one of those days that was jammed packed with things to do - from sun up to sun down!  The kind of day you take a deep breath in the morning and hope you can make it through alive...Sometimes chaos overwhelms me and I tend not to enjoy any part of what I am doing, but this day was FULL of chaos and I enjoyed every single minute of it.  First off I headed to work, and finally sold a huge kitchen job I'd been working on for forever, so that started the day out on a good foot...
Next I headed to Ashtyn's preschool where they were hosting a tea party for their Mommies! 
 Of course I had tears in my eyes the entire time, just watching Ashtyn interact with her friends and teachers, hearing them sing us songs and looking through her scrapbook they all put together for us.  I know I say it all the time, but I just can't believe how grown up and mature she is these days, and still amazed at how well she has done in Preschool both socially and academically.  She has so much confidence around her friends and teachers, it gives me peace knowing she will be just fine as she starts Kindergarten this fall.  It's just still hard for me to believe...
 This little questionnaire cracked me up...they are still so cute and innocent, but very observant! 
Some of the other Mommy's questionnaires raised some eyebrows followed by laughs...
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ashtyn thinks I am only 20...
We enjoyed brownies, rice crispy treats, Oreo balls and Iced Tea!  It was a great party and since Ashtyn is surrounded by such an awesome group of kids it was that much more enjoyable to spend the morning in her classroom!
 After going back to work and spending the afternoon working up in Estes Park on another great project, I rushed back to Broomfield to take Ashtyn to her Kindergarten Orientation at Birch Elementary!  I have been so impressed with Birch so far...they have been so inviting to the new parents and students helping us all ease into the transition of Kindergarten!  Ashtyn's teacher Mrs. Murphy (who grew up down the street from me in Louisville) hosted a little get together in the classroom so she could meet all her incoming students and they could get familiar with the classroom and their fellow classmates.  She read them a book, played a couple of games and then gave them sunflower seeds to plant in their gardens at home.  It's a Birch Elementary tradition that each new Kindergartner plants sunflower seeds in their garden and when the sunflower is as tall as they are its time to start school! Then their first homework assignment is to take a picture of them next to the sunflower, bring it to school and hang it on the wall of fame!  
I love schools with traditions, love it! 

 Ashtyn quickly made friends with a little girl, so that again gave me a sense of ease - she was going to be just fine starting Kindergarten!  She has fully been welcomed into Birch Elementary with open arms and will be a proud Bulldog for the next six years!
 After orientation, I rushed home to meet Kevin to go to the Rockies game. 
Of course it was pouring rain outside - the story of my life - but we dressed warm, got our ponchos and headed down to watch the Yankees play!  Kevin is a HUGE Yankees fan and I also am, but mainly just because I love New York City and they have cool colors and logo.  However, I have learned wearing the Yankee apparel does bring controversy your way - I have experienced many dirty looks and comments regarding my Yankee's apparel, and since I don't really pay attention to how their season is progressing I have no comebacks or comments when taunted - but I look good, does that count?
Watching the Yankees play at Coors Field with my brother was the best way to end my crazy day!  The rain stopped right before the first pitch and held off the entire night - it was perfection!  I rarely get to hang out with my brother just him and I so that was a treat in itself, along with the beers, hot dogs and nachos I enjoyed all by myself with no one else to tend to! 
It was a fantastic evening at the ball field!
My Wacky Wednesday was yes, crazy and busy, but packed full of the best things! 
It was a day that reminded me just how lucky I am - I have a job I love and one that continues to challenge me everyday, my kids are happy, healthy and growing up right before my eyes, and I am surrounded by tons of family and friends to enjoy life with!
Life is good even in the midst of total chaos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment