Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mama's Day

I had the BEST Mother's Day!
I initially had very little expectations for the day, since Matt had to work all day, I just assumed it would be a repeat of Easter...but thankfully is was not!
I joined the family for breakfast at the Elks and was greeted with a rose, a glass of champagne and a big hug from ALLIE - she was back in town!
Nothing else needed to happen...it was already great!
Of course my parents were there also, who had just got back from their cruise so they were eager to spend long over due time with the kids!  I gladly passed my duties to them as I just sat there and sipped champagne, chatting with Allie and catching up!
After breakfast, I took my precious babies to the park! 
Cottonwood Park was my favorite growing up and has quickly become my kids favorite park too...
We swung, climbed the big tree stump (which used to be a gorgeous Cottonwood when I was growing up), played soccer with some nice family (Eli pretty much invited himself to that party and they were nice enough to not turn him down), hunted for pine cones and went up and down the slides countless times!  Oh and did I mention the weather was unbelievable!
 After the park we headed to get a Mother's Day snack...Menchies for the kids and Starbucks for me!
Eli wore most of his, but that is nothing new for him!

 After our snack I dropped the kids off at my Mom's so I could enjoy an afternoon drinking margaritas at the Rio!  I was so excited that my Mom offered to watch the kids, so I could join the Pierces and Papa Bill!  It was so GREAT sitting on the roof top in Boulder, looking at the mountains and drinking margs with my favorite people!
 My Allie - I love you so much!
 The Pierces are always FUN to hang out with, but I rarely get to hang out with Papa Bill, so getting to spend an afternoon with him was such a treat!  When Pam took our picture above, Papa Bill said he wanted to be in a picture too, so we snapped one...
 and then another one!
 He then went on to tell us that he recently went to some funerals and was so impressed with the picture slide shows that were shown of his friends.  So he asked Mimi if she was going to create a slide show for his funeral and she told him...
"No, I don't have any pictures of you!"
Mimi can be a little ornery when she wants too!  So he told us to take lots of pictures of him so he could have a slide show at his funeral!  I really couldn't stop laughing hearing him talk about this, but I will make for damn sure we have plenty of pictures to pick from when that day comes - it will be the best slide show ever - maybe with a little Johnny Cash playing in the background!
However, this next picture will be the cover photo for sure...
Of course there is a story that goes along with it...
 We all enjoyed our afternoon atop the Rio Rooftop and Papa Bill drank his max of three margaritas - with no rocks!  Getting Papa Bill down the stairs and to the car was a struggle in itself...
Steve dropped Papa Bill off at home and was quite certain when he sat in his chair he would not be joining us for dinner at Debbie and John's...
Of course we all meet over at Debbie and John's and Mimi shows up alone with a dirty look on her face - she was a bit upset with Papa Bill, whom had fallen asleep and would not wake up to come over for dinner, so Mimi left him sleeping in his chair.  I think Mimi's exact words when she walked in was "What did you do to Papa Bill?"...
We all just shrugged our shoulders and of course had big smiles on our faces - Mimi found no humor in any of this...
So we all sit down to eat dinner and by the end of it guess who stumbles through the door...PAPA BILL!  Steve and I looked at each other like "how did he get here" because clearly he was in no shape to be driving a car!  We ask him what he was doing and he said he was hungry - LOL!  Later on Brooke comes in from playing outside with the kids and says "You gotta come see this!"...so Allie, Mari and I went out and found this...
Yes, that's Papa Bill's truck parked at the very end of the street, half on the curb, half on the street!  I think I peed my pants a little when I saw this!  He managed to get himself to the party for some food, but I do wonder what he may have hit on the way over...He of course had no shame and this just made Mimi even more mad at him!  I would have loved to have seen him park his truck, and what kind of thought process went into thinking that was a great parking job!  I was even more impressed he managed to miss the light pole!
I LOVE my Papa Bill!  That picture pretty much sums up Papa Bill in a nutshell!
I wonder if Mimi ever forgave him...oh, I am still laughing as I type this - good times!
Mother's Day was great - I am blessed beyond words with two beautiful children who behaved liked angles so I could enjoy my Mother's Day and a family with a Papa Bill I couldn't live without!


No comments:

Post a Comment