Ashtyn GRADUATED!
Well only from Kinder Prep, but its still a pretty big deal...
I have been super impressed with the Preschool Program at Lafayette Rec Center and the way they celebrated Ashtyn's last day was the icing on the cake. They hosted graduation at Waneka Lake and had a BIG party with all 5 classes of Kinder Prep! It was a great morning and a little bit chilly celebrating such an awesome accomplishment with our friends and family!
Ashtyn and her BFFS - Sienna and Chloe (Not sure who the girl is next to Chloe...)
Ashtyn has been more then blessed with the friends she has met over the past couple years. Such laid back, low drama girls and a couple of sweet boys - I can only hope we have the same luck when we move into kindergarten!
Of course Auntie Em came to see her graduate before her high school finals! ...and Grandma Sandy, Nana and Daddy made the party too!
Adam also attends Kinder Prep at Lafayette Rec but he's in a different class then Ashtyn. So we got to see him graduate too and it was so fun to see how Adam, Ashtyn and their group of friends interact...pretty darn CUTE!
Look at the grin on Adam's face...
The ceremony was the cutest thing ever and YES I had tears welled up in my eyes the entire time! They of course wore little gowns and hand made caps by them and when the teachers would call their names they would slide down to the bottom to receive their diploma and some gold fish!
It was absolutely adorable! I am thinking it was more for the parents then anything, because the kids could care less - but I sure appreciated it!
We cheered for all her classmates and I of course cheered louder for Ashtyn's friends...
like Christian!
and BFF Sienna!
Ashtyn is not a "center-of-attention" kinda girl, so she was pretty shy when it was her turn, but still followed through with it - so proud of my baby girl!
Ashtyn's Kinder Prep Class - Class of 2026!
Lucas - our favorite!
How cute is that! Little Cap and Gown...I wish we could have kept the gown, but the cap will forever be in her scrapbook!
We watched Adam graduate with his class too!
He didn't enjoy the ceremony part either...it will be interesting to see what they are like twelve years from now when they graduate from High School!
After the ceremony they all enjoyed cake pops and fruit provided by the teachers!
Ashtyn had like five...!
Here are the four LOVE birds!
While I was taking this picture Ms. Sue came over and said to me...
"Those four are the cutest kids. They hung out all year long together and truly looked out for each other and were always playing chase at recess!"
Its a shame they will all go to different schools next year for Kindergarten, but hopefully we can have play dates throughout the summer!
Ms. Sue and Ms. Erin were awesome teachers!
Ashtyn learned so much this year and I am forever grateful for their dedication to teaching little ones - it can't be easy (I know I couldn't do it)!
Ashtyn was so engaged this year and would come home and ask a million questions or tell me a million facts about a spider for example, play rhyming and matching games constantly, wanting to read every sign she came across and constantly wanting to create some type craft or science experiment. She truly soaked in every minute of what she learned at school and the past year has definitely prepared her for Kindergarten next year!
Thank you again Ms. Sue and Ms. Erin - you started Ashtyn's experience in school on a very positive note and I think it will pave way to her being very successful - she loves to learn!
Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you Ashtyn!
You have totally impressed us the past couple years and we are so excited to see what you will do when you start the big leagues!
Now its off to the pool and the lake to soak in as much of summertime as we can before we drop you off at Kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment