Matt and Jason took their annual May trip to Moab, but this time they took Adam and Ashtyn along with them. It seems their "guy" getaway is quickly turning into a family affair!
I was a little bummed Eli and I were not invited along, but so excited Ashtyn got to spend some quality time with her Daddy doing something he loves so much!
Adam was probably the most EXCITED and for the entire month before they left he would talk non stop about it. He would tell their Preschool teachers every day something about their big, upcoming road trip to Moab! The teachers knew more about the trip then I did most the time. The funniest was when Matt went to pick up Ashtyn from school one day and Ms. Sue says...
"So, I hear you drink alot of milk in Moab!"
and Matt responds...
"Milk?"
and Ms. Sue says...
"Yeah, Adam says when Matt and his daddy go to Moab they drink ALOT of "milk"!"
(air quotes are crucial)
Matt just chuckled and said...
"Yes, we tend to drink ALOT of "milk"!"
They headed out early Thursday morning and made it safely to Moab to start having fun in the red sand! Ashtyn's favorite thing to do, so I hear, was chasing lizards! They actually caught one and brought it home. She named him/her Cookie! Cookie lived with us for a couple weeks, before he/she chewed their way out of the cage!
She also thought the flowers growing out of the Cacti were beautiful!
Moab is beautiful!
Roasting marshmallows - her favorite thing to do while camping...
This picture CRACKS me up!
Not sure if it's Ashtyn's face, Adam's thug look claiming Ashtyn as his woman or just how much taller Ashtyn is then Adam - its all just FUNNY!
They would take long rides and go exploring and stop for snack and "milk" breaks!
Matt said finding and playing in water was the Adam and Ashtyn's favorite part!
I LOVE this picture - they have one amazing relationship and I am so happy she has the daddy she does - spoiled with love!
Matt decided to take the trailer instead of getting a hotel or camping in a tent - Going to Moab was one of the reasons we bought the thing in the first place!
Matt said it worked great out there, especially with having the kids, camping would have been a little rough.
Glamping in Moab is what we call this - air conditioner, microwave, warm shower...all the necessities!
Matt said Ashtyn loved playing in this little creek and hopping across it...
Ashtyn cooked her own hot dogs on the grill one night - Impressive!
You have no idea how thrilled I am that she not a girly-girl! Don't get me wrong she loves her purses, sparkles, dresses and a good pair of high heels, but the girl can hold her own while out in nature! Catching lizards, four wheeling with dirt in her teeth, cooking on a campfire - she's awesome!
Here's some more of that Glamping amenties I discussed - watching a movie before going to bed!
I also heard Jason and Adam started playing Angry Birds on the IPAD and had the best time EVER!
I very much appreciate this picture - Jason sweeping!
It's hard for me to relinquish my control on how things are taken care of and knowing I wasn't going to be there to clean and constantly pick up the camper as I usually do, left me a little uneasy! But give it to Jason - who might be more neurotic then me when it comes to being clean - kept up with it! The camper came back in good shape - red dirt covered the outside, but the inside was good!
Thank you Jason for sweeping!
Adam and Ashtyn had a great time on their first trip to Moab!
Ashtyn's clothes were completely dyed from the red sand, so I know they had as much fun as they could possibly of had!
Matt and Jason however came home a little more tired then usual! It seems taking kids along is not quite as relaxing as it usually is!
What great daddy's they are though - to forfeit their weekend away to share it with their kids!
Hopefully next year it can become a family trip (All eight of us!) - I think I am ready to get red sand in my teeth again...I know Eli is!




























No comments:
Post a Comment