
Mother's day this year was very busy as usual, but very enjoyable. Typically, Matt doesn't do much for gifts for any type of holiday or celebration, so when he does it is a very BIG
surprise and very
exciting! I guess this year I was the best mama ever because presents kept showing up all week long for me to open - it was great! Finally, on Friday night Matt said I could open them since the next couple days were booked...Well I ended up getting a new phone - touch screen with
Internet and everything! I finally feel cool having a nice phone - now if I just learn to use it. I also got a new camera - and not just any camera a really nice, expensive one that actually will capture pictures of my children instead of me always missing them because the camera is so slow! I having been complaining about my old camera for months now and constantly talking about wanting a really nice one, but thought it was a long shot - but Happy Mother's Day to me because I got one - again, now I have to figure out how to use it! Thank you Matt and
Ashtyn for my presents - it made me feel so special and loved!
On the morning of mother's day we headed to church bright and early at St. Louis to watch Carson and Brooke make their first communion. Afterwards we headed to Debbie and John's house for the best brunch ever - waffles, breakfast burritos, desserts, eggs and much more - delicious as usual.


After a trip home and a quick nap for
Ashtyn, we headed over to the Trujillo house for some dinner and fun. We went to the park since the weather was actually nice and
Ashtyn enjoyed running around like a little monkey - Matt used our new camera and got some great
pictures of
Ashtyn, actually looking into the camera - YEAH!



We had a great dinner and dessert and then settled down to watch It's Complicated - which happens to be a VERY funny movie! All in all, it was a great mother's day - I am so blessed to be surrounded by such great family but most of all my wonderful husband - whom totally out did himself this year - and my beautiful daughter who makes being a mom the best thing in the whole world - Love you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment