Friday, May 7, 2010

Pacifier NO MORE!

...SO far behind on blogging, but better late then totally forgetting about it!

Ashtyn was totally successful having the pacifier taken away - she has been without for about a month now - YEAH for her! We started the process the weekend after she tunred 2... We decided to start on a Friday, that way she would be home for the next 4 days and Grandma would not have to deal with it, just in case it was WAR! So Thursday night after she fell asleep we took the pacifier and threw it away - FOREVER - felt great as a parent, but I feared for the morning and what our weekend would be like. Now, typically when Ashtyn wakes up in the morning she babbles a bit and then will call for me to come get her, but always in a good mood - well instantly that Friday morning Ashtyn knew something was changing because the first word I heard on the monitor was "PAS!" - yep, she wanted her pacifier! So I went in there and she started crying and wanted her Pas, and I just kept telling her the pas was gone and she was now a big girl who didn't need the pas...well it really didn't matter what I said to her she just wanted her pas. Dora didn't even suffice that morning, and so basically she threw a fit for a good hour - Luckily, I had a doctor's appointment so I rushed out the door and Matt was left to deal with her...

When I returned home she was contently playing - with no pas! Great, but nap time was around the corner, so I knew it would be another tantrum... Well much to our suprise, Ashtyn went to nap just like she did every other day for the past year but with NO PAS! It was amazing! And ever since that Friday morning we have had NO problems! She will occasionally ask for it, and we just say "You are a big girl now, and those are for babies!" and she moves on! Matt and I would have done this a long time ago if we knew how easy it was going to be - do you know how nice it is to not have to look for that thing all the time! We are so happy we moved though this little stage in her life and our so thankful we were blessed with such an easy going child!


Ashtyn - Mommy and Daddy are so PROUD of you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment