Monday, October 11, 2010

The BIG 3-0 - SURPRISE!

SURPRISE! We celebrated Matt's 3oth Birthday last weekend - CRAZY! I am an amazing wife - not only did I take him to a concert to celebrate his big day, I also showered him with presents and love AND I also threw him a SURPRISE party - you would think he would just LOVE me! Well, Matt hates parties and specifically asked me not to throw one - but how could we possibly pass by his 30th birthday without a huge bash! Well, it wasn't a huge bash, but it definitely was fun - Thanks to my mom for all her wonderful help we threw a Surprise BBQ party with all of our family and friends at my parents house. It was so fun, although Matt did find out about the surprise beforehand - he is a detective and all, but I think he was still shocked by the excitement and all the balloons - another little joke we have - you see Matt and I got in a big fight on Ashtyn's 2nd birthday because I wanted like 100 balloons for her party and Matt refused - so I told him when I threw his next party the house would be filled with balloons, just to be spiteful! - so for his 3oth birthday it was "balloon" themed!




Thank you to all our family and wonderful friends for helping celebrate Matt's 30th!



The fun did not stop there - Matt loves guns - any kind of gun does not matter and lately he has introduced Ashtyn to Nerf guns and they play all the time - Well, I decided for his birthday, from the kids, We would buy him the biggest, best Nerf gun there was on the market and Tah DAH!

He LOVED it and of course so did Ashtyn! She was so excited for him to open it! It has been quite the little toy as everyone who comes over - mainly adults - play with the thing and thinks it is just the coolest thing EVER- nothing like a toy to help you not feel so old on your 30th!




Matt also got some shiny new rims and new tires for his truck - not quite what I would pick for my present - but let's just say he is in LOVE with these! He spent weeks trying to pick out the perfect set and I do say the look very nice! He has been shining them everyday since...



Happy Birthday Babe! I hope the past 30 years have been everything you wanted and dreamed of - job, wife, house, babies - not bad! And I hope the next 30 are even better! I love you so much - you old fart!

No comments:

Post a Comment