Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Memorial Weekend this year was BEAUTIFUL to say the least - the weather was perfect, something I don't think we've had in years! We definitely took advantage of the great weather and camped out at Baseline Lake on Sunday evening. We had so much fun and it was the best way to start off the summer - Matt and I love camping and we are so fortunate to have the lake in our backyard to use. Ashtyn is starting to become a little camper herself - we invited Auntie Em along with us to help keep her occupied!


Ashtyn loved playing in her Daddy's tent which installs on the back of the truck -


Ashtyn LOVES ice, so once she found out there was a whole bunch in the cooler, she was constantly helping herself...


Kevin and Matt were able to get a campfire started - not the best EVER, but it worked! Next trip we need to pack some lighter fluid to really get things going!




People must think I am crazy for camping when I am 39 weeks pregnant - but knowing this would be my only opportunity this summer I had to take advantage of it - and it turned out to be great! It was a bit chilly that night, so I wasn't any more uncomfortable then I am at home and Matt set up my own tent so I got an air mattress all to myself - it was great! - for camping at least. We woke up to another beautiful morning at the lake. There was a fish by our dock that was about to die, and Ashtyn just had to see so Matt caught it for her...

I think it died later that day. We spent the rest of the beautiful day playing in the water, riding in the boat and relaxing in the sun...





It's amazing to think this is Ashtyn's 3rd summer at the Lake - her life jacket finally fits her this year - although she still doesn't care for it all too much. We are so glad to see summer finally here - Can't wait to enjoy the lake all summer long!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looked like so much fun. Never heard of that lake, where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in Boulder, right outside of Louisville - We would love to have you guys come spend a day with us on the Lake!

    ReplyDelete