Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nana's Retired!


After 32 years of teaching my mom is retiring - this past year was IT! It's amazing to think of how many kids she has taught over the years including Matt and myself! It's sad to think that middle schoolers will no longer have the opportunity to take her fun Home EC classes learning the basics skills of life, but whomever was fortunate enough to take her classes will always remember what project they worked on or what wonderful treat they learned to cook. Pam and Steve hosted a party honoring my mom, inviting all our close friends and family - it was such a fun evening and it was nice to celebrate the end of a wonderful, rewarding career!


My mom inspired me at a very young age to choose a career I had passion for and would LOVE going to work for every day no matter how big the pay check may be. My mom loved being a teacher and now I am so grateful for having her guidance because I have also selected a career which I love and am so passionate about - I just hope I can stick with it for as long as she did! I am sure she will be greatly missed at Louisville Middle School next year - Congratulations mom and enjoy the next stage of your life - love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment