Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big Sister

On June 14th, Ashtyn became a Big Sister and wasn't too happy about it at first. Ashtyn was not happy at all to find both Matt and I gone that morning she woke up and when she came to the hospital with Grandma later that morning she was very quiet and distant. I definitely expected some type of reaction, but I wasn't prepared for what it would really be like and how sad I would feel looking at her face. When we got home from the hospital she opened up a little bit with me, but still was very quiet and had an attitude towards anything I said or tried to do with her. After a couple of rough days - to say the least - and some heart to heart talks, she began accepting the new "idea" of having a brother and is getting back to her normal self. She will now kiss Eli on the head and will report to me if he is crying or if he is sleeping, so it looks like things are getting better...
I think Ashtyn will be a great Big Sister once we all get adjusted, and hopefully our relationship which I love so much will get back to normal. I was finally able to lay Eli next to her without her protesting for a picture, but still no smile...

1 comment:

  1. This is very common and one of my biggest fears. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete