Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just a Little Guy

FOUR months OLD! Here are Eli's stats:
weight: 12 lbs 2 oz - 6%
length: 25 inches - 56%
We visited the doctor for Eli's 4 month check up. All in all he is doing great, but the doctor said "I guess he is just a little guy" when referring to his low weight gain again. Until he falls off the map completely I guess they don't get concerned, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the weight gain, especially since he has been eating like crazy - oh well! As long as he stays happy and keeps developing like he has I guess I should not worry! Once again, Eli got his vaccinations which I think were harder on Ashtyn then him - she started crying right before the nurse gave them and cried "Don't give my baby brother shots - please!" I had to not only comfort Eli, but Ashtyn as well - Maybe next time Ashtyn will stay at Grandmas!

EATING: Eli improved a ton this month with his eating schedule - although his weight is still low he eats a 4 ounce bottle every 2 hours for a total of 30 ounces in a day! We've tried giving him 6 ounces, but he prefers to eat smaller amounts more frequently - I have learned with him that he likes to be on his own schedule so I just go with the flow at the moment. The doctor cleared us for cereal, fruits and vegetables so we may start those soon - anything to fatten this boy up!


SLEEPING: Still a great sleeper! He also put himself on a sleeping schedule this month as well - I know, crazy! Basically, he wakes up around 7:00 has a bottle, plays for 45 minutes, naps for 45 mintues and repeat until around 6:30 when he get a bit fussy. So I throw him in the bath right after dinner - which he LOVES - feed him a bottle and then off to bed around 7:30 or 8:00! I have to admit it is great to have a child whom puts themselves on their own schedule - I never was so lucky with Ashtyn, so he makes it very easy on us, for now anyways.


HABITS and TRICKS: Eli's adorable personality continues to shine through every day and I am so loving it! He is still smiling all the time - and now full on giggles, especially when I change his diaper - who knows what that's about, but apparently he loves to have his diaper off (I am sure only a man can relate to this) He is starting to scream all the time now when he is excited - which is so nice when you are at a restaurant or shopping in Target! He grabs his feet all the time and tries to put them in his mouth. Loves to suck on his hands and is getting better at holding toys and then moving them into his mouth. He has started playing on the floor a little bit, but gets bored quick! He has officially rolled over - both ways - but does not like to be on his stomach at all. He wants so bad to be able to sit up by himself - I think so he can see what Ashtyn is doing all the time and gets so frustrated when he can't do it - so we have him in the Bumbo a lot so he can see the world around him. Lately he has started acting like he wants to hold his bottle - so cute - and at the end I let him play as he takes the nipple in and out of his mouth while dripping milk all over his face!

We had our first head cold this past month, which was a bit rough, but I am sure it was one of many we are going to experience. He also is constantly drooling, so I am thinking teething is on it's way - oh yeah! There is definitely something special between a mother and her son. Eli constantly looks at me with his big brown eyes that just melt my heart every time. And when I come home after work or if he hears my voice on the phone he gets a HUGE smile on his face and kicks his legs - I am so loved! I guess I do have a little mama's boy, but I am quite alright with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment