Thursday, October 21, 2010

Little Pumpkins

We visited the Rock Creek Farm Pumpkin Patch again this year and had so much fun. We picked a wonderful fall day to go - it was actually a bit hot, but made it nice to pick the perfect pumpkins and enjoy the farm. Ashtyn knew exactly what to do this year and LOVED every minute of it. She had no interest in finding a big pumpkin which is typically my goal - No, she wanted to find the smallest pumpkin there was - so we found the smallest pumpkin we could find and she held on to it the whole time - she even slept with it that night.





Eli just hung out in the baby carrier and watched his big sister run around! I am sure next year will be tons more fun for him, but he sure looked cute...



After pumpkin picking we went to visit the animals - Ashtyn loves to sing "Old McDonald" all the time, so this was just the coolest thing in the world to see all the animals hanging out. Of course her favorite were the pigs - they even had piglets which just made her day. She actually fed and petted the big mama pig! But as we were watching them she kept asking me "Mama, what's that smell?"





Ashtyn loved picking pumpkins and petting the piggies, but probably her most favorite was the jumpy castle! Which I don't blame her - I LOVE jumpy castles, yes at 30 I would have loved to been in there with her! She jumped for a good hour, before we had to force her out and carry her home - of course not without a big fight! Everyday she keeps asking me "Mama, can we go to pumpkin patch?" So I am thinking she loved it this year! She still is not on board with the whole "decorating" her pumpkin thing - Last year she had a break down when we carved the pumpkins, so maybe this year we will just leave them be!


It was such a fun day spending time with my little family I love so much! Each year will just get better and better as my kids get older and enjoy these little outings. Now off to finish the costumes...Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment