Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The BIG One!


Happy Birthday ELI!
 Last year God gave our family the biggest blessing EVER!  This sweet baby boy - Eli Matthew Trujillo!  We can't believe a whole year has passed already, but its true because today we celebrated his 1st birthday!  I thought I would be more upset and sad at the fact that my last baby was turning one - but I have to be honest, I am excited!  I love the toddler stage and can't wait to witness all the big changes and firsts Eli will experience through the next year!  It will be challenging for sure, but so FUN! 
Eli definitely celebrated his birthday today - he got to visit the water park and have ice cream this afternoon...


 And for dinner we took Grandma, Butch and Emily to Lucky Pie in Louisville to enjoy some pizza - yummy!





 And then off to Nana's for some dessert and presents...

 He clapped his hands while we were singing to him...

 Eli dug right into his cake with no hesitation - I can't wait to see what he does Saturday at his party...



I can't even put into words how much this little boy means to me and the joy he has brought into my life.  He completes our family with an exclamation point!  This little boy is so full of love, energy and has a very sweet spirit - and he melts my heart everyday I hold him in my arms.  This next year should be fun and challenging watching Eli walk, run, explore, learn, talk, throw fits, bother his sister and many more moments that will add to our chaotic life I love so very much.  Thank you God for this little blessing - he is an amazing child!  Please keep him safe, healthy and happy and give me the strength and patience to help him learn, grow and experience all he can.  Happy birthday my sweet boy - I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment