We have lived in our new home for a little over a month now, and we are enjoying every minute of it! Of course there has been ALOT of adjusting - such as sharing a bathroom with my father-n-law (not sure this will ever be great, but what do you do?) - and "coming to terms" with how all seven of us will live together. There will always be some adjusting needing to happen, but for the most part we are comfortable, happy and so blessed! I never thought I would enjoy living in chaos - but this past week Butch, Sandy and Emily took a trip to California to visit Rob, Ariana and the boys and the house felt so empty and lonely with them gone. I counted the days for them to get back, so our chaotic, crazy life could be back to normal! When we sold our house in the back of my mind I wondered if we would regret it - but I haven't for one minute - I love, LOVE our life right now. Since we are so blessed to have parents whom will let us move our family of four into their home and rearrange their lives, so we can get ahead in life, Matt and I want nothing more then to give back as much as we can. I always come up with GREAT projects to do, and when some extra granite at work became available, I couldn't think of a better place to install them, then in my in-laws kitchen! So while they were out we were busy remodeling...
Funny story. I thought we could just chisel off the existing backsplash - how hard could that be - and then install the new tile. Well the first tile I chiseled off also had a big chuck of drywall sticking to the back of it. Matt was not to thrilled with me at this point -
We ended up having to install new drywall for the new backsplash! Live and learn...
We had a couple late nights getting the kitchen ready for its reveal on Saturday when they would get home. We literally grouted the tile and hour before they walked in the door.
New granite countertops with a glass mosaic backsplash...
BEAUTIFUL!
Sandy had tears in her eyes when she saw her new kitchen. I hope she and the rest of the family enjoy it - we spend so much time in that kitchen it needed to look GREAT and now I have successfully removed all the turquoise green that once was! This is just a small thank you to them for all they do for us...
if I can talk Matt into it, many more projects will follow, but for now I am not allowed to talk about those ideas - yet!
Eli gave Sandy the biggest, sweetest, and longest hug ever when he saw her on Saturday morning! This just proves how much love my kids have for their grandparents. Life would not be the same without them - actually it wouldn't even be possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment