We spent this wonderful, warm summer day touring the zoo with Nana. It was absolutely the best day to visit the zoo - not too hot, no wind and the kids were on their best behavior. The zoo was VERY busy today though - we had to park at the museum and walk over - but thankfully you don't have to wait in line to see the animals. Ashtyn was a pro this year - I have taken her every year since being born - and she knew just where each animal was and would guide us to our next exhibit...
This was Eli's second trip to the Zoo - last year we took him when he was only three weeks old, which meant he basically slept through the whole visit. Not this year! He loves being in the stroller, people watching, so he definitely was content and seeing animals made it even more fun. I was impressed how he actually could "see" the animals - I thought he may not get it! I was wrong - he would get so excited when he saw an animal and would point with a scream as to get its attention!
Eli would get so excited when I would let him out of the stroller. He would just cruise up and down...
...and point every time he saw something. He LOVED the monkeys and started making monkey noises - so cute! Monkey Island is always our favorite...
Unfortunately the train was out of commission today, so we opted to ride on the carousel! Ashtyn choose the Giraffe to ride on...
While waiting for the Sea Lion show we all enjoyed some Dip-N-Dots - our favorite. This was the first thing Ashtyn wanted to do when we got to the Zoo, but patiently waited till after eating our picnic lunch...
This picture is so precious to me - my two babies! How fast they are growing up...
Oh the Penguins! Our other Zoo favorite which we always save till last. They are so cute and I think Ashtyn could watch them all day long. We were sad though not to see Maddie, the baby Penguin we have grown to love over the past couple years...
We had a wonderful day at the Zoo - loving summer so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment