Friday was one of those Summer days I wish could be every day- repeat, repeat, repeat. Ashtyn was invited to a friends house to play, so Eli and I met Shannon, Payton, Melissa and Maddie at the Broomfield Bay. All the children were in rare form - Eli was teething, Payton got sunscreen in her eye and Maddie was actually perfect, but we ended up not spending to much time swimming because they were so crabby, and more time just hanging out on the blankets. It actually was more enjoyable that way - Eli took a nap, Maddie hung out contently and Payton made friends with everyone around us while us mommy's got to gossip and soak up some sun! It's amazing how things work out sometimes! I will say I missed Ashtyn, but only having one child was super easy and very relaxing!
After the Bay we went home for naps and then met everyone again at the Orchard for dinner and the live music and festivities they have going on Friday nights. We ate dinner at 3 Margaritas (what were we thinking?), and as usual with three children it was a disaster! Eli whined, Payton hit her lip on the table and cried, and Emily spilled water all over Shannon! On lookers must just shake their heads when they see all of us and the chaos that surrounds! I am sure one day when we are sitting around having dinner and our children are off in college we will laugh, but for now we are doing PICNIC dinners - no more restaurants!
By the end of dinner Shannon, Kole and I were the only ones left and the rest made it to the splash park, where the children were much happier! This is where the picnic dinner may have been a better option...oh well, live and learn, right? The Orchard is so fun on Friday nights - it has the best atmosphere and the weather of course could not have been better - I am already excited for next Friday night...
Payton is a girl after my own heart - we love water! She went straight to the fountains and with no hesitation stuck her face right into the water! She cracked me up! I love this little girl just like my own daughter - she is so animated - since the day she was born and I love it! She would smile and giggle every time the water would hit her in the face - my kids just cry! After awhile I could tell she was a bit chilly and I asked her if she was done and she said "Yah!" - oh she is so precious - love you Payton...
Shhh...don't tell Shannon, but Ashtyn is feeding Payton ice cream!
Afterwards we went to the Carnival they are hosting in the parking lot at the Orchard. This was Ashtyn's first time going on rides, and of course she loved them! I think the roller coaster was her favorite - the camera died so I have no pictures, but she definitely enjoyed herself and keeps asking when we can go again!
I loved our family Friday night! More please...
No comments:
Post a Comment