Saturday, June 25, 2011

Eli's First Birthday

 Last Saturday evening we celebrated Eli's first birthday with family and friends.  We couldn't have asked for better weather...it was a perfect evening for celebrating!  Typically parties stress me out and I don't enjoy them as much as I want to, but either I am getting better at hosting or my mom did all the work, because the party was very laid back and I actually enjoyed myself and my company!
 

 Ever since I found out I was having a summer baby boy, I wanted his first birthday to be at the lake and fish themed.  Well the lake didn't happen for numerous reasons, but the fish theme did along with blue and green balloons (of course)!  I actually made Eli's cake...after a ton of research and watching You Tube, I figured it out - not bad for my first attempt!
 My mom and I made fish sugar cookies and m&m's to complete the dessert spread - I think it was enjoyed by all! 






 Matt was the master griller - we enjoyed hamburgers and hot dogs...








 Eli's cake was my favorite part!  He dove right into his cake with no hesitation!  He LOVED getting to "smash" his cake and eat it all up!  It was all over him and my dad's patio when he was done - what could be more perfect...













I think Eli enjoyed his first party - I know the rest of us did - what's better then a summer BBQ with family and friends.  Thanks to everyone for loving our little boy so much - we are so grateful for you all!
Happy Birthday Eli!

No comments:

Post a Comment