Thursday, June 30, 2011

One Year Stats

At Eli's One Year appointment, these were his stats:
weight: 18 pounds and 1 ounce
height: 28 3/4" inches long
No percentages because we are no longer on the charts - he is a little peanut for sure!  Dr.Greyson is still concerned about his low weight, but developmentally he is perfect - and he consistently gains weight just not as much as the doctor would like to see.  So we have to return in 2 months to recheck, but I am just accepting the fact he is tiny, which I am kind of OK with - it keeps him more of a baby.  Eli really doesn't even seem that small to me - he wears 18 month clothes and size 3 shoes - so I guess there are just a ton of FAT babies out there - just sayin'
 
Quick Update...
 So I am not going to lie, month 11 was a little rough - the above picture pretty much sums it up.  Between weeks of teething and colds, Eli was not a happy camper, and extremely crabby - who could blame him though.  Matt and I are exhausted after many sleepless nights and have about ran out of patience, and all we have to show for it is one lonely tooth! I guess the bright side is Eli finally has a tooth, but I am tired, and I know more teeth are on their way - so please pray for me!  Other then teething which has taken over his life it seems, Eli has been learning to cruise everywhere, still not taking any steps, but he will randomly just stand up all by himself for a minute or so and then fall back down.  He's been adding more food to his diet like jelly sandwiches, Oreo cookies, teddy grams, whole wheat crackers, yogurt, but oatmeal with fruit still seems to be his favorite. 
I do hope we get to see our normal, happy baby back sometime this month - I miss him dearly!  Even with all the teething he is still so sweet and loving.  Emily is teaching him to sign I-love-you and he almost can do it - which is just so precious. 
We have a summer planned with tons of new adventures and I cannot wait to watch Eli experience all of it.  It should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment