Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Splish Splash

 Yeah, the pool is OPEN!  On Saturday when I heard the temperature was going to be close to 90 on Wednesday (My day off), I was so excited I told Ashtyn we could go swimming!  Well, much to my dismay the weatherman was wrong again and the temperature was only in the mid 70's today - a bit chilly for swimming - but once you tell my sweet daughter something, especially something as important as swimming - there was no turning back!  It actually turned out to be a great day at the pool - thankfully there was no wind and the pool was not crowded at all!  Ashtyn wasted no time and jumped right in!
 This was Eli's first time swimming and he loved every minute of it!  He splashed, went under the water, went down the slide, floated in the big pool - everything!  The boy loves water and was fully entertained the couple of hours we were there...





 You can totally tell this is our first day bearing our swim suits and our pasty white legs...
 Ashtyn was practicing her "jumpings" into the baby pool...
 Who's ever idea it was to put a sandbox at the swimming pool was well - plain stupid - but my kids naturally gravitate toward sand, so they in turn loved it.  But the baby pool - after today - has a ton of sand in it due to my kids...

I think Eli enjoyed the sand box even more then the water.  He did get sand in every crease of his body...There is something so sweet and precious about seeing a baby in his swim diaper playing in sand!  I will say becoming a parent has curbed my need to always be clean - after this experience I too had sand in places it should not be!
We had a wonderful day at the pool and I feel like summer has officially started!  I can't wait for many more days like this and perhaps with warmer weather, but regardless we will be there - swimming and playing in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment