On Saturday I ran in another 5K for the Taste of Louisville. I know I always say this, but this was my favorite so far. Maybe because Louisville is my home town and very dear to my heart, or because my best and oldest friends ran with me, maybe because it was a nice, summer day or maybe because it was the best 5K I have ran yet! But whatever it was, I enjoyed every minute of it...
Shannon and Maura, whom I have been friends with since Kindergarten ran with me! It was kind of like a hometown reunion and we saw many more familiar faces. Our sweet babies and husbands cheered us on...
The course was absolutely beautiful! After finishing this race I think I am now ready for a 10K - it gave me that confidence I was lacking to take the next challenge since I bowed out of the Bolder Boulder! Only time will tell though...
Afterwards, Ashtyn and Payton did some gymnastics - they were pretty cute and definitely entertained for awhile. Afterwards we grabbed our free pizza and beer and headed to Touch a Truck...
Touch-A-Truck was CRAZY busy - I don't think I need to go back for a couple years - HaHa! Ashtyn and Adam playing in the police car...
After Touch-A-Truck we headed back down to Main Street to get some food and refreshments. After meeting up with friends, grabbing some drinks and walking up and down Main Street we stopped at Bob's for some lunch. We got so lucky with a table on the patio for all of us and our kids - it was so enjoyable! I haven't been to Downtown Louisville for awhile now. Ever since Senior T's and Market Place Bakery closed I guess I never had a reason, but after spending a day and seeing all the renovating going on - visiting Downtown Louisville for breakfast, happy hour or dinner is a must from now on. It would be a dream to live there some day - a DREAM! I very much enjoyed my day in the town I love and with a bunch of friends I could not live without!
Nice job on the run. Can't wait to do it again.
ReplyDelete